The International Education Awards are sponsored by the Office of International Programs.
The Student International Education Award recognizes a student for his/her outstanding contributions to and involvement in international programs and studies at UNC Charlotte.
The Student International Education Award recipient will receive a plaque of recognition and $500 monetary award.
Both Undergraduate & Graduate Students
- Enrollment in a full-time degree-granting program at UNC Charlotte.
- Have had significant involvement in academic, service and/or co-curricular activities with an international focus.
- Specific criteria outlined for Undergraduate and Graduate students below.
- A student may receive the award only once. A list of past recipients of the award is available online.
- Undergraduate students must be at the junior level or above.
- Undergraduates must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Graduate students must have completed at least one semester.
- Graduate students must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5
2020 Application Process and Timeline for the Student International Education Award
The nomination period is Monday, February 10 - Monday, March 16, 2020.
- All members of UNC Charlotte are eligible to nominate a full-time student at UNC Charlotte who meet the award criteria.
- Self-nomination is also acceptable (if self-nominating, proceed directly to the application form).
- Submit the online nomination form.
- The nominee will be notified immediately of his/her nomination.
- Each nominee is required to submit additional documents and information pertinent to his/her application. No further action is needed by the nominator unless the nominee requests a letter of support.
The deadline for a Student International Education Award nominee to complete the award application package is Monday, March 30, 2020.
Before submitting the application form please note that you will need to obtain the following:
- One recommender who is prepared to provide a letter of support: You will be asked to enter the name and email of the person you are requesting to write the letter; the recommender will be notified electronically of the upload process for the letter of support. The letter of support should reference the student’s contribution to global perspectives and cultural awareness, including discussion of the nominee’s academic experience, service, and co-curricular activities with an international focus. The recommendation deadline is March 31, 2020.
- A 1-page personal statement/summary of international education engagement and contribution (PDF).
- Resume (PDF).
When you are ready, please submit the online application form and upload your supporting documents.
Once the awards committee selects the awardee, then notification will be shared. The awardee will be notified no later than Thursday, April 30, 2020.
International Education Award Program
The Student International Education Award winner will be recognized most likely at a fall 2020 OIP program. More information to follow.