The International Education Awards are sponsored by the Office of International Programs.
The Faculty International Education Award recognizes a faculty member for his/her outstanding contributions to the enhancement of the international education experience at UNC Charlotte. Areas of excellence may include: teaching, research, curriculum development, program development, grant writing, university service, and/or community service.
Award: The International Education Award recipient will receive a plaque of recognition and $2,000 monetary award.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee:
- must hold a full-time faculty or senior lecturer appointment at UNC Charlotte
- must have held the full-time/senior lecturer appointment for at least three years; and
- must not have previously received the Faculty IE Award.
- Deans, chairs, and full-time administrators are not eligible.
- A faculty member may receive the award only once. A list of past recipients of the award is available.
- Any UNC Charlotte community member is eligible to submit a form to nominate a faculty member whom she/he believes meets the eligibility criteria.
- Self-nomination is acceptable.
2020 Application Process and Timeline for the Faculty International Education Award
The nomination period is Monday, February 10 - Monday, March 16, 2020.
- All members of UNC Charlotte are eligible to nominate a full-time faculty or a senior lecturer at UNC Charlotte who meet the award criteria.
- Self-nomination is also acceptable (if self-nominating, proceed directly to the application form).
- Submit the online nomination form.
- The nominee will be notified immediately of his/her nomination.
- Each nominee is required to submit additional documents and information pertinent to his/her application. No further action is needed by the nominator unless the nominee requests a letter of support.
The deadline for a Faculty International Education Award nominee to complete the award application package is Monday, March 30, 2020.
Before submitting the application form please note that you will need to obtain the following:
- One recommender who is prepared to provide a letter of support (you will be asked to enter the name and email of the individual you are requesting to write a letter; the recommender will be notified electronically of the upload process for the letter of support). The recommendation deadline is March 31, 2020.
- A 1-page summary of international education engagement and contribution (PDF).
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF).
- Supplementary documents for consideration (optional, PDF).
When you are ready, please submit the online application form and upload your supporting documents.
Once the awards committee selects the awardee, then notification will be shared. The awardee will be notified no later than Thursday, April 30, 2020.
International Education Award Program
The Faculty International Education Award winner will be recognized most likely at a fall 2020 OIP program. More information to follow.