GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT SCHOLARS PROGRAM: OVERVIEW
- Open to any academic major
- Sponsored by the CLAS Department of Global Studies and the Office of International Programs
- Motivated by the need for students to develop Global Competency skills for careers of the 21st Century
- Offers a mix of academic, co-curricular, and international experience components
- Flexible so that students are able to enter the program in different points of their academic career and complete the program within a two year period
- Final Project demonstrates and synthesizes students’ global learning
MISSION: The UNC Charlotte Global Engagement Scholars Program (GESP) offers global awareness, academic and co-curricular opportunities to a wide and diverse group of students from all academic disciplines, especially those who may not otherwise become globally engaged.
WHY? Employers are looking for graduates who have special skills that demonstrate that they are prepared for the challenges of the 21st century. Such skills include the ability to work in multicultural teams and in diverse contexts. The Global Engagement Scholars Program supports students’ structured connections in the UNC Charlotte and Charlotte international community via participation in globally focused curricular, co-curricular, and engagement experiences.
- UNC Charlotte students from all academic disciplines and undergraduate academic level/classification
- Students in good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA
The Global Engagement Scholars Program is an
academic and experiential education program
that allows students to expand their horizons!